Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the ISSP?
The International Society of Sport Psychology (ISSP) is an organisation devoted to promoting research, development, and professional practice in the discipline of sport psychology throughout the world.
How can I become a member of the ISSP?
Go to the Membership link on this web page and follow the instructions to become an ISSP member.
What are the benefits of becoming an ISSP member?
- the bi-annual ISSP web Newsletter
- a reduced subscription fee for the International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology (go to Publications link).
- a reduced registration fee for the quadrennial ISSP World Congress.
Members can also
- nominate candidates for a position on the ISSP Managing Council (MC); elections are held every 4 years at the World Congress
- run for a position on the MC
- vote during the MC election
- meet and communicate with professionals in sport psychology from all over the world.